A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a materials technology leader currently engaged in developing new products for a range of industry sectors. The company is looking for an experienced individual to join their innovative team on a permanent basis. The company is based in Central Scotland.
Your daily responsibilities are as follows;
* Contribute to the specification, design, procurement and qualification of custom processing equipment
* Design, run and test systems/processes as well as upgrading them.
* Conducting complex problem solving and cross-functional optimisation/failure investigations.
* Develop and implement new solutions to improve production rates as well as best practise routines.
* Provide necessary documentation relating to process changes as well as operating instructions.
* Manage the process costs and time constraints
As the newly appointed Process Development Engineer, you will have the following skills and experience;
* 5 years + experience in process or manufacturing engineering in a multi-disciplinary or hi-tech environment is essential.
* Experience in production involving a combination of mechanical precision and chemical processing.
* Excellent technical skills.
* Knowledge of production processes that include a number of the following: thin-film coatings with plasma and/or laser, wet chemistry, adhesives, screen printing, thermal sealing.
* Ability to read engineering drawings and utilise CAD, ideally SolidWorks.
• Laser material processing experience.
• Numerical analysis of data for performance modelling and optimisation.
• Development of automated data processing tools.
• Lean Six Sigma Green/Black belt.
• Comfortable operating in a small and fast paced company environment
• Ability to plan and prioritise work independently and flag and escalate issues as required
• Self-starter – solutions focused, with a hand-on approach to problem solving
• Team player and communicate effectively both inside and outside the Company
• Tenacious and resilient – sees issues through to resolution
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly successful business based in Scotland. An excellent base salary and benefits package with enhanced career development and job security is on offer. The real draw is for someone to be part of a fast-growing business offering a fulfilling and varied career.
For more information on the company and how to apply for this role, please click apply today.