The purpose of this role is to work as part of the team within the factory environment. There will be times you will need to work alone and use your own initiative. Key requirements are delivering our products and services in a timely and accurate manner ensuring quality is guaranteed at all times.
This position interacts with both internal and external contacts, including customers and suppliers. Key internal contacts are Control Engineers, Electrical Manager, Project Engineering and Production.
Role Requirements / Responsibilities
• Preparation of wiring equipment, including use of automated wire stripping, wire termination & test equipment.
• Knowledge of general arrangement diagrams & electrical schematic diagrams.
• Experience in use of soldering equipment & basic electrical test equipment.
• Working with Control Engineers during build.
• Monitoring job progress with Electrical Manager
• Self-certification of job prior to test.
Experience in wire preparation is essential. Knowledge and experience of computers and software is desirable. Knowledge of Eplan would be an advantage. Health & Safety awareness is essential.
Strong organisational skills.
Excellent written and oral communication.
Good interpersonal, communication and motivational skills with a flexible, enthusiastic and committed attitude to work.
Ideally two years’ experience in a similar working environment.