We are seeking to recruit a confident, welcoming School Receptionist to be the first point of contact for our School. The receptionist will meet and greet all visitors and present a professional, friendly welcome. The receptionist will additionally support the wider administration of the School.
Our School is Rutland’s Independent Co-educational Preparatory School - for children from 2 to 11 years - in the centre of Oakham. It is a forward thinking school based on traditional and family values.
Working hours: 8am - 5pm during term time (34 weeks) + 2 weeks during school holidays (at times to be agreed).
[Alternatively, would consider a job share - split mornings and afternoons covering the core hours of 8am – 6pm.]
1. To act as first point of contact for all school enquiries either by telephone, email or face to face. To obtain contact information and pass to appropriate staff.
2. To ensure the smooth running of the school reception, keeping the area tidy, informative and welcoming at all times.
3. To sign visitors (and pupils) in and out of the school.
4. To provide first aid for pupils (and staff).
5. To be responsible for the keeping and administering of medicines.
6. To provide administrative support to the School Administrator and Senior Management Team as required.
7. To be responsible for stationery orders and to maintain adequate stationery supplies for staff.
8. To be responsible for second hand uniform bank account and associated transactions.
9. To assist the Friends of the school with fundraising activities, e.g. raffle ticket sales.
10. To provide refreshments for visitors and staff as required and to maintain supplies for such.
11. To prepare and collate registers for after school clubs.
Applicants should have experience of providing excellent customer service in a work environment, with proven organisational skills. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be adaptable to multi-task and enjoy working with children.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Thursday 18th July 2019
Interview dates: Monday 22nd July or Tuesday 23rd July 2019
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.